In 2016 we set out to develop a new strategic framework for 2016-19. We consulted our members to identify what they need from AMRC in the future.
The outcome, our five strategic objectives:
- Providing leadership and future focus: To campaign to ensure the best possible environment for health and medical research charities in the UK so the patients benefit from the fruits of research
- Emphasising the benefits of patient-centric research: To work with our members and the life sciences ecosystem to ensure patients’ views are embedded into all appropriate stages of research processes and systems
- Demonstrating impact: To encourage and foster best practice by being an independent provider of key sector data that allows members to benchmark and measure their impact
- Encouraging working in partnership: To support charities to maximise the use of their resources and impact by developing new collaborations and innovative partnerships with each other and with other funders including industry
- Campaigning for a supportive funding environment: To continue to provide an excellent membership service which offers value for money and supports the policy, research, partnership and impact agendas