'Medical research charities: our impact at a glance' is an infographic sheet with key facts and figures about AMRC members to shine a spotlight on the innovative work of medical research charities.
Research Investment, L-R
- AMRC research expenditure database 2016, excluding capital expenditure; MRC and NIHR annual reports 2016. A detailed briefing about charity investment is here: Charities investing in research
- Charity Aid Foundation UK Giving Report 2016
- AMRC research portfolio database, active UK grants 2016
- AMRC research portfolio database, active grants 2016; estimations of the number of researchers, postgraduate students and fellows whose salaries/studentships are paid for by the charity - via personal communication from Cancer Research UK and Wellcome Trust, Arthritis Research UK and 18 other charities
- AMRC research expenditure database 2016, capital expenditure. A detailed briefing about charity investment is here: Charities investing in research
- Data from 40 AMRC members using the Researchfish system to capture research outputs and outcomes to demonstrate the impact of charity funded research. Based on further funding which started in 2015. Other funders includes Universities (1%), Industry (1%) and Other international funders (4%).
Making a difference for patients, L-R
- Data for 52 AMRC members was included in the UK Health Research Analysis 2014 for UK grants active during 2014. Breakdown of health categories included in 'Other*'
- Metabolic & endocrine: 3%
- Musculoskeletal: 2.2%
- Reproductive health and childbirth: 1.3%
- Eye: 1.0%
- Oral and gastrointestinal: 0.8%
- Stroke: 0.8%
- Respiratory: 0.7%
- Renal and urogenital: 0.7%
- Congenital disorders: 0.7%
- Blood: 0.5%
- Skin: 0.4%
- Other: 0.4%
- Ear: 0.3%
- Injuries and accidents: 0.3%
- Patients recruited April 2015-March 2016. Data extracted from NIHR CRN ODP Weekly data cut 17 May 2017: NIHR CRN: Open Data Platform (ODP).
- Research open and in follow-up April 2015-March 2016. Data extracted from NIHR CRN ODP Weekly data cut 17 May 2017: NIHR CRN: Open Data Platform (ODP)
At all stages of disease
Advisory status:No Status